Why does JELD-WEN collect personal information?
"Personal information" is information or an opinion (including information forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
JELD-WEN collects personal information in order to properly and efficiently carry out its functions, including to provide you requested products and services, and to facilitate the provision of marketing and promotion services that may be of interest to you.
JELD-WEN uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required by or authorised under law). We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
What personal information does JELD-WEN collect?
JELD-WEN may collect your personal information (such as name; email, phone number, date of birth, credit card details, postal address or communication history with JELD-WEN) when you interact with our company.
How does JELD-WEN collect and hold personal information?
Information may be collected when you:
- contact us with an enquiry or request a quotation via email, telephone or mail or engage with JELD-WEN via social media;
- request that we provide our products and/or services to you;
- apply for a credit account with us, or from credit reporting agencies or organizations that you have nominated as trade references;
- subscribe to any publication of JELD-WEN including electronic publications;
- provide details to JELD-WEN in an application, consent form, survey, feedback form or incident report;
- enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal information entered into, one of JELD-WEN's online systems; or
- apply for employment with JELD-WEN or a JELD-WEN affiliate.
Collection from third parties
JELD-WEN may also collect information from a JELD-WEN affiliated company, such as Stegbar, Airlite, Corinthian Doors, William Russell, Regency, Kolder, Breezway, Aneeta and A&L. When you provide information to JELD-WEN or an affiliate, it may be entered into JELD-WEN's database, and the information may be combined or linked with other information held.
Personal information may also be collected where JELD-WEN is required to do so by law (for education, child protection, work health and safety laws, charitable collections, medical treatment or other legislation in Australia).
When you visit the JELD-WEN website, our systems may record certain information about your use of the site, including the web pages visited and the time and date of their visit. We use this information to help analyse and improve the performance of our website.
Websites linked to our website are not subject to our privacy standards, policies or procedures. JELD-WEN cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, this may affect our ability to communicate with you or to provide the requested products or services. If it is impracticable for JELD-WEN to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, we may refuse to do so.
Information storage and protection
JELD-WEN stores information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. Security of personal information is important to JELD-WEN. We have taken reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the security measures we have implemented to maintain the security and integrity of the personal information we hold include the use of computer access passwords, lock-up cabinets and firewalls on our systems, and security measures for our website.
How does JELD-WEN use and disclose personal information?
- 1. Verify your identity;
- 2. administer and manage our products and services, and to provide a quotation or provide our products and services to you;
- 3. research, promote and market our products and services, and market products, services and special offers made available by us and third parties;
- 4. complete background checks and assess your suitability to obtain a credit account with us; and
- 5. research, develop and improve our products and services.
JELD-WEN may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
- JELD-WEN affiliates and other organisations in Australia;
- companies we engage to carry out functions and activities on JELD-WEN 's behalf, including direct marketing and database administration;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers;
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies for credit-related purposes such as credit history; and in other circumstances permitted by law.
In some circumstances personal information may also be disclosed outside of Australia, for example, information disclosed to JELD-WEN parent companies in the USA or European Union. The countries to which JELD-WEN discloses information overseas are subject to privacy laws which reflect the principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the Australian Privacy Principles. Where we disclose information overseas, we will use our best endeavours to ensure such parties handle the information in accordance with the standards set out in the Australian privacy laws.
We may use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail, SMS or posted offers from us, you may opt-out by using the link provided. Alternatively, you may advise us at any time by contacting the JELD-WEN Privacy Officer via the contact details set out in this policy.
In addition, we may also disclose personal information:
- With your express or implied consent;
- when required or authorised by law;
- to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
- to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
Accessing and seeking correction of information held by JELD-WEN
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
We encourage you to regularly review and update your personal information. If you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you, please let us know by making a request via the contact details set out below. We will respond to your request for access within a reasonable period. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Resolving privacy issues and complaints
Any issues or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, quality, security of and access to your personal information may be made to the JELD-WEN Privacy Officer at this address:
38-46 South Street
Rydalmere NSW 2116